looking for bitmap -> ASCII

Mitchell F. Wyle wyle at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Mar 12 21:11:46 AEST 1990

Is there a program to convert Sun raster images to ascii?

[[I'm not sure exactly what format you want your raster images stored in,
but uuencode will take a binary file and convert it into an ascii
representation. (This is standardly used for sending binary files across
mediums that might translate some non-ascii characters). Uuencoded files
do need uudecode on the decoding site to decode them, however. -bdg]]

What is XBM and where can I get it?

[[The only references I can find to xbm are in terms of xbm being one of
the formats that PBMPLUS supports (xbm stands for X11 BitMap in that
sense). -bdg]]

TIA,  -Mitch
-Mitchell F. Wyle
Institut fuer Informationssysteme         wyle at inf.ethz.ch
ETH Zentrum / 8092 Zurich, Switzerland    +41 1 254 7224