3.5" floppy software on Sun 3/80 or SPARCstation

Graham Williams gjw at grucis.anu.oz.au
Sun Mar 11 04:08:28 AEST 1990

A little while ago I requested information regarding the ability to read
and write IBM PC 1.44 Meg and 720 K 3.5" floppies on Sun 3/80 and
SPARCstations. A summary of responses follows. Three alternatives were
suggested. The first is a system distributed for a nominal fee from
hollaar at basset.utah.edu. The second is a patch to mtools from
viktor at math.Princeton.EDU, and the third is to use DOS windows from Sun.
The patch to mtools may be appearing on one of the sources groups soon. I
now have DOS windows myself and that works, but for general use I am
awaiting the patches to mtools, which should be able to be modified to
handle Amiga disks. I have not followed up the first alternative. Hope
this helps others.