ditroff/dsun

John Koval jkoval at biostats.uwo.ca
Sat Mar 10 16:46:06 AEST 1990

I have just switched from Sun's troff to a "campus" copy of ditroff (from
AT&T's DWB), and am quite happy with its ability to produce Postscript
output.  However, I also want to be able to preview my plots at a Sunview
window.  The current practise on campus is to tell ditroff that it is
going to a Canon printer (option -Tcan), then to pass the output through
dsun for viewing in a window.

Unfortunately when I use eqn (the version for AT&T's ditroff), before
going to ditroff, I lose some special characters (when the output
eventually comes to the window), and ofter get a core dump.

This may be an old problem, but it is new in this part of the world.  I
suspect a bug in eqn, ditroff and/or bad files in the /usr/lib/font/devcan
directory.  Can anyone suggest a solution?.  I would prefer to fix the
current system, which works for about 60% of my work, before embarking in
a new direction, such as implementing a postscript previewer.

Please respond by email to  the address below.

 	jkoval at biostats.uwo.ca
	jkoval at uwovax.bitnet