Transfering Sun/IBM-pc 60-meg tape cartridge?

b2wild at ucscb.ucsc.edu b2wild at ucscb.ucsc.edu
Sun Mar 18 16:16:22 AEST 1990

I have an everex QIC-36 60-meg internal tape backup in my '386 clone, and
I would like to read tape cartridges created on a Sun workstation.  Is
there a utility to read unix-formatted tapes on an Everex tape drive?
(Sun and everex both use "wangtec" 60-meg tape drives, and the same tapes)
(and, no, Everex didn't supply any device drivers, nor do they have any).

Or, is there a utility runing under unix that will write out tapes
formatted for the everex 60-meg drives?

Any info would be appreciated!

			- b2wild at ucscb.ucsc.edu -