UDS V.32/V.35 9600 Modem on a Sun4?

kilonsky at hokulea.soest.hawaii.edu kilonsky at hokulea.soest.hawaii.edu
Thu Mar 22 14:47:52 AEST 1990

We have just acquired a HP PaintJet XL, the new one that supports 11x17
inch paper, and rather that reinvent the software, I thought I would ask
those in SUN_LAND if such already existed.

1) Printcaps for the following:
	a. - PaintJet XL on serial port.
	b. - PaintJet XL on parallel port (3/80).
	c. - Paintjet XL with HP-GL/2 cartridge(serial & parallel ports).

2) Public domain, i.e. free, software that will drive the PaintJet XL
   (without the HP-GL/2 cartridge) either from a stand-alone graphics package
   or a filter for unix plot(5) metafiles.  I am especially interested in any
   that will do a screen dump from Sun workstations.

3) I am also looking for recommendations on the baud rate, parity, and
   handshaking (Hardwire or Xon-Xoff) that I should use.

Regards,
Bernie Kilonsky, University of Hawaii		(808) 948-6574
hokulea at soest.hawaii.edu

P.S. If their is anyone out their from HP_LAND do you have Printcaps and a
     plot(5) filter.  .