2nd Ethernet port on SS1

Chris Johnson chris at com2serv.c2s.mn.org
Fri Mar 2 05:35:46 AEST 1990

I have a SPARCstation 1 with a Sun S-Bus ethernet card in it, thus giving
me two ethernet connections.  Unfortunately, I can't get the second/added
ethernet controller to talk to the attached net.

I'd be happy to RTFM, except Sun provided absolutely no documentation with
the board when they sent it to us.  Requests for same seem to have fallen
in a black hole.

I'm reasonably conversant in the software side of things needed to get the
kernel and net daemons to recognize the second device's existence.
However, since the SPARCstation uses a somewhat different config file, and
I'm fallible, maybe I'm missing something there, too.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.  Email is fine, and I'll
summarize if there is interest.

Chris Johnson                  DOMAIN:  chris at c2s.mn.org
Com Squared Systems, Inc.         ATT:  +1 612 452 9522
Mendota Heights, MN  USA          FAX:  +1 612 452 3607