Vax to Sun

Maj Brian Boyter bimbo!boyter at uunet.uu.net
Fri Mar 9 10:34:44 AEST 1990

karen at pemrac.space.swri.edu (Karen Birkelbach) writes:
>>We are buying a Vax and (for various reasons) want to run VMS on it.  We
>>also would like to link the Vax to our local area network of Suns running

>In our LAN, we have Suns, a Convex, and a couple of Vaxes (or Vaxen if you
>follow DEC's terminology :-).  Each Vax is running a different brand of

I've got two Vax's and a ton of Sun's at work....  We bought multinet from
SRI (now sold by TGV, 408-353-3939), and we couldn't be happier....   We
have the NFS server code for the VAX and it works great....   TGV now has
an NFS client....

   Maj. Brian A Boyter
   US Army Foreign Science & Technology Center
   Charlottesville, Va 22901                         __
   off: (804)980-7362                              (    )
   home:     973-9440                             {      }
   FAX:      973-9047                              (    )
   boyter%bimbo.uucp at virginia.acc.virginia.edu       ||
   Noriega Who??? Ortega Who???  Libya Next.._______<  >_______