HELP (PLEASE) ld.so: map heap error (22) for /dev/zero ??????

Milo S. Medin medin at cincsac.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Mar 14 11:13:34 AEST 1990

In article <5714 at brazos.Rice.edu> pekak at erilin.nokia.se (Pekka Akselin) writes:
>     ld.so: map heap error (22) for /dev/zero
>
>I can't find anything in the manual(s) about this error message, and I
>have tried everything (that I can think of).  So, anybody who has
>encountered this error, please help me!

The problem is that you are using the wrong architecture for the kvm stuff
on the client.  If you have a SUN-3/50 for example, and you tell it to use
the sun3x kvm directory, you will get the wrong runtime link editor and
get this error.  Fix the mount so you get the right kvm directory for the
client architecture and you're in business...

PS The same thing happened to me, and I called SUN software support, who
managed to figure out what the problem was.  Despite all the complaints
I've read about them, they've done a pretty good job for us...