The "ws_read_indev error length %d" error

Phil Ritzenthaler phil at grumpy.cgrg.ohio-state.edu
Fri Mar 9 23:46:35 AEST 1990

> alias   xinit xinit; kbd_mode -a
>
> Okay it resets the keyboard on the console. This means every key typed
> causes an error message to appear in the console of the form
> "ws_read_indev error length %d". Absolutely nothing will cause a key
> stroke to be communicated to any of the windows. The mouse still works.
> The only way out I know so far is to exit suntools.

On a Sun 4/280 we are getting the same messages, but we are not using the
kbd_mode -a command.  I have called Sun about it, they suggested
increasing the users, the Stream data structures, and the NSTREAM
parameter.  I did this and installed the new kernel; it was a failure.

We are still getting ws_read_indev errors and it's getting more and more
frustrating.  Any ideas, you Sun Spotters??

Phil Ritzenthaler  The Advanced Computing Center for the Arts & Design (ACCAD)
Systems Manager    The Ohio State University
                   UUCP: ...!{pyramid,killer}!grumpy.cgrg.ohio-state.edu!phil
(614) 292-3416     ARPA: phil at grumpy.cgrg.ohio-state.edu