SUN 3/E won't use 2nd SCSI controller

Jerry Natowitz jin at ursa-major.spdcc.com
Fri Mar 23 01:02:56 AEST 1990

Please excuse any glaring errors, I am very new to SUN/OS, being a recent
convert from the VAX and PDP-11.  I am trying to get a SUN 3/E to use a
2nd SUN 3/E SCSI/Ethernet board.  Yes, I am aware that only one se
controller is supported in the object-only system.  I deleted se.o, sd.o,
and sc_conf.o and moved sd.c and se.c from our 4.0.3 sources to
/usr/share/sys/sundev.  I also made sure that the sd.h and se.h files in
/usr/share/sys/OBJ reflected the actual configuration.

The ioconf.c that was generated in /usr/share/sys/sun3/JIN does reflect
the proper configuration and when vmunix is made and booted the controller
and drives are displayed, yet format gets ioctl errors and the drives are
mapped to se0 instead of se1.

I also noticed that dkinfo shows the same thing.  Any hints or information
would be appreciated.

     Jerry Natowitz
     Guest user on:
ARPA jin at ursa-major.spdcc.com
UUCP {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!jin