Sun-4 console/primary display problems.

Douglas Chan apollo at buengc.bu.edu
Tue Mar 27 15:43:28 AEST 1990

Our sun-4/380's EEPROM was just reconfigured such that the primary/boot
display is on ttya (serial port A) instead of the color graphics display.
The problem is that I still need the color display & main keyboard to
operate (but not as the primary display).  Currently, the terminal
connected to ttya works fine as the primary console but the color
display/system keyboard is dead.  How do I get both to operate?  (Keeping
ttya as the primary display...)

In the mean time, I tried changing the EEPROM settings back so that I'll
be able to use the color display & system keyboard (value 12 at addr 1F).
Guess what?  The color display came up with garbage and the boot-up
messages were still going out to ttya.

Am I missing something here?

-Doug
apollo@{buengc, buengf, buvlsi1, raven}.bu.edu