talkd

Mike Stump cbcscmrs at ma.csun.edu
Tue Mar 27 15:29:46 AEST 1990

Does anyone have a replacement for /usr/etc/in.talkd?  I am looking for
one that is more like talkd on NeXT machines.

When trying to talk to a sun 3 running SunOS 4.0.3, from a NeXT machine or
from a VAX machine, the local talk hangs.  I have no problems with talking
to a NeXT machine from the VAX.  It is hard to believe two of the most
commonest systems on earth cannot talk to eachother!  The NeXT is running
1.0.  The VAX is running 3.0.

[[Ed's Note: This sounds like the same problem discussed in earlier
Sunspots regarding different versions of talkd. Check the back issues :)
-bdg]]