sparcstation disk drives

Doug Meyer oscarmir at athena.ee.msstate.edu
Thu Mar 1 04:47:29 AEST 1990

Ya know those nice little 110MB 3.5" hard drives in the Sun SPARCstations?
Well, they're not getting any younger around here (well, neither am I).
We've got a bunch of SPARCstations over here, and the little 3.5" beasts
have been dropping like... hmmm....  nevermind.  Nonetheless, we've had
three disks in trouble, and it's gotten my curiosity up.

Has anybody else seen an unusual mortality rate for SPARCstation 1 hard
disks?  Or was this just a lucky fluke?

Douglas Brent Meyer
Research Associate - MADEM Project
Engineering Research Center for Complex Field Simulation
Mississippi State University
Drawer EE
Mississippi State, MS  39762          E-Mail Address:oscarmir at ee.msstate.edu