SS1 component failure

Dan Butzer dan_butzer at cis.ohio-state.edu
Wed Mar 21 01:25:05 AEST 1990

In article <5904 at brazos.Rice.edu> elvis at athena.ee.msstate.edu (surfer) writes:

>Apart from those damn drives, we haven't had any problem with our SS-1's.
>Of course, looking back at our 3/50 & 3/60 history, I'd say the keyboard
>will ceratinly go and the flyback transformer on the monitor will probably
>go.

Has anyone observed network related problems with the SS1.  From the
limited number of machines I have dealt with I have seem Ethernet problems
on perhaps half of them.  Problems range from abnormally high netstat
error counts (These are absolutely clean and within spec Ethernets.  We
have the equipment to prove it.)  to machines that have tremendous
difficulty booting diskless.

       Dan Butzer          || butzer at cis.ohio-state.edu
IICF/CIS Hardware Support  || voice: 614-292-7350  fax: 614-292-9021
   "Fire in the hole..."   || 2036 Neil Ave, Columbus OH 43210