8mm backup systems

Mitch Baltuch msb62 at leah.albany.edu
Tue May 1 22:08:35 AEST 1990

We are going to be installing a network of Suns in the next month or so
and we would like to use 8mm tape for backups. Can anyone recommend some
systems, with pointers to the companies making them, and give me any other
advice you may have relating to the subject of automated backups.
Ideally, we would like a system that sits on the ethernet by itself and
accesses the other machines in the network, if there is such a thing.

Email responses to me and I will summarize to the group. Anything to keep
bandwidth down :-).

Mitch Baltuch
Internet: mitchb at master.nldn.albany.edu