LANCE/ethernet problem.

Douglas Chan buengc!apollo at bu.edu
Wed May 30 01:37:05 AEST 1990

We're getting a lot of the following pairs of error messages:
 le0: Received packet with ENP bit in rmd cleared
 le0: Received packet with STP bit in rmd cleared

It doesn't seem to be causing any problems, it is just an annoyance...

I've called Sun about it and they say it is caused by other systems on the
network generating packet sizes greater than 1515.  I've tried tracking
down the source(s) w/ etherfind but it doesn't seem to find anything
generating packets larger than 1515.

Just for your info, the system is a 4/380 (re: 4/330), SunOS-4.0.3.

-Doug
apollo at raven.bu.edu