HELP: X on SPARCstation 330 w/ CG9

Michael Comer comer at casca.cs.uiuc.edu
Wed May 2 02:10:27 AEST 1990

I have a SPARCstation 330 with the CG9 graphics card, which supports 32
bits/pixel, and I'm trying to get X running on it.  I was led to believe
that Sun would be supporting this configuration with their OpenWindows
product, so I ordered it.  Alas, when it (version 1.0.1) arrived, I found
out that the CG9 frame buffer is unsupported.  Anyone know if Sun has
plans to support this configuration and, if so, when?  Also, is there a
way I can use this package until the framebuffer is supported (e.g. can I
run it on the overlay plane of the frame buffer?)?

Michael Comer
comer at pueblo.att.com
comer at ncsa.uiuc.edu