HELP: X on SPARCstation 330 w/ CG9

Guy Cardwell gcardwel at oac.uci.edu
Thu May 3 01:18:53 AEST 1990

In article <7296 at brazos.Rice.edu> comer at casca.cs.uiuc.edu (Michael Comer) writes:

>I have a SPARCstation 330 with the CG9 graphics card, which supports 32
>bits/pixel, and I'm trying to get X running on it.  I was led to believe
>that Sun would be supporting this configuration with their OpenWindows
>product, so I ordered it.  Alas, when it (version 1.0.1) arrived, I found
>out that the CG9 frame buffer is unsupported.

According to our local sun rep, there are no plans to ever have
OpenWindows running on the CG9.  There does seem to be 24 bit support for
it in Sun OS 4.1, however, running Sunview.

I have successfuly run the sample server from MIT on the monochrome plane,
but have had problems with the microcode of the GP2 being dumped
afterward.  I am currently working on a 24 bit X sever for the CG9 based
on the MIT sample server.

I'll yell when it is finished.

Guy Cardwell
gcardwel at oac.uci.edu