Cleaning Exabyte tapes ??

Toerless Eckert eckert at faui43.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu May 31 21:17:36 AEST 1990

We have some 8mm Exabyte tape drives, conected to Sun workstations.  One
of the tape seems to have problems writing data now, and we thought that
this might be a problem of cleaning. Audio and video tape drives have to
be cleaned sometimes, and to be demagnetized.

Has anyone experiences with this procedures on 8mm videorecorders, as
those have  the same hardware as those 8mm Exabyte drives.

Has anyone already demagnetized or cleaned his Exabyte ?  Help welcome,
please reply by mail, i'll summarize to the net..

Toerless Eckert          | /C=de/A=dbp/P=uni-erlangen/OU=informatik/S=eckert
V.4: Noah's ark of Unix  | X.400 ^ Internet> eckert at informatik.uni-erlangen.de