Info requested on audio

Brian L. Sumner texhrc!bls at moray.sccsi.com
Thu May 31 21:38:21 AEST 1990

I would appreciate it if someone could mail me (or point me to)
information about the sparc audio device.  In particular, I am interested
in its architecture, and what the various encoding types mean.  I have no
idea what u-law, a-law, and pcm-linear are.  Can I set the sample rate on
the thing?  What is the maximum?  How many chanels can it handle? Etc.
etc.

[[Ed's Note: I've sent him copies of the actual physical configuration of
the audio port out of the archives, so don't repost that information.
However, the encoding/sampling are open questions. -bdg]]

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Brian Sumner
...!convex!texhrc!bls