CG6 troubles

Don Lewis del at thrush.mlb.semi.harris.com
Tue May 8 06:58:50 AEST 1990

We are having difficulties with our CG6s.  On our 4/330's and our 4/490,
the graphics sometimes goes into a "split-screen" mode.  Sunview icons are
displayed with their left and right halves reversed.  The right half (now
displayed on the left) also appears to be drawn one pixel lower.  It
appears as if the icon was cut down the middle and the the two halves were
swapped.  Menus are also drawn funny.  The rightmost chunk of the menu
(half the width of an icon) is swapped with the left chunk (the rest of
the menu).  Shelltool does strange and wonderful things.  The only cure
appears to be to halt the machine, power it off, and then power it back
on.

Our 4/490 has an additional problem with the CG6.  It appears that
screenblank periodically causes the machine to lock up.  It does not
respond to L1-A, the cpu reset button is non-functional, and the cpu
activity lights freeze.  The only cure is to power the machine off and
back on.

Has anyone else out there experienced either of these problems?  If so,
have you found any better cures?

Don "Truck" Lewis                      Harris Semiconductor
Internet:  del at mlb.semi.harris.com     PO Box 883   MS 62A-028
Phone:     (407) 729-5205              Melbourne, FL  32901