SPARCstation 1+ upgrades?

Hayden Schultz haydens at juliet.ll.mit.edu
Fri May 4 00:18:32 AEST 1990

Our salesrep said that Sun does not plan on offering a 1 to 1+ upgrade. He
said that since the CPU board needs to be replaced it is more cost
effective to upgrade from a Sparcstation 1 to a Sparcstation 2. I don't
really know if he meant more cost effective for Sun, or for the consumer.

I'd love to hear more rumors about the Sparcstation 2. I also think that
Sun is seriously depleting the worlds supply of capital letters.
Therefore, I refuse to abide by Sun marketing's silly capitalization
rules, like SPARCstation and NeWS (except to whine about it).

	Hayden Schultz
	MIT Lincoln Lab
	hadyens at juliet.ll.mit.edu