Console extender cables question

Tim Sesow ssds!tims at uunet.uu.net
Wed May 30 01:36:15 AEST 1990

In article <8056 at brazos.Rice.edu> rzh at lll-lcc.llnl.gov (Roger Hanscom) writes:

>Anybody out there have experience with these 3rd party cables that allow
>the CRT for a Sun to be placed x feet from the CPU??

We have a Sun3/260 with hi-res frame buffer that uses a set of cables from
NuData of Little Silver, NJ. to place the keyboard and monitor 50 ft away.
There are no amplifiers and we have been using them for at least a year.
The cables are expensive (video for ~$295, keyboard for ~$135) but the
cost to build them ourselves was almost as high (200ft of RG-59, 50 ft of
three-pair shielded cable, four shielded DB-15s, 50 feet of 18 gauge, plus
labor).