Console extender cables question

Tim Pointing tim at dretor.dciem.dnd.ca
Fri May 25 01:49:47 AEST 1990

In article <8056 at brazos.Rice.edu> (v9n177/8) (Roger Hanscom) writes:
>Anybody out there have experience with these 3rd party cables that allow
>the CRT for a Sun to be placed x feet from the CPU??  I've seen ads for
>two types: regular (just cables??) and amplified.  Is one type better than
>another??  The idea here is to move the 19" color monitor about 50 - 75'
>from the 4/330 (hovercraft) desk-side unit.  The user can't stand the fan
>noise any more.

On a similar note, how about cables for moving a hi-res (HM) monitor about
50'-75' from the computer (in this case, a 3/280 which we would like to
re-locate to a proper computer room from its current home in an
airconditioned lab.)

Also, Roger, please summarize any replies that you receive. We would also
be interested in remote'ing a colour monitor.