Cursor keys are dead - HELP!

Arnold G. Gill GILLA at qucdn.queensu.ca
Tue May 29 12:52:29 AEST 1990

About a month ago, the cursor keys on our SPARCstation 1 stopped working
in vi and textedit.  (They beep with no subsequent actions, or just do
nothing at all.)  Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this, or what
some dope with superuser status changed?  In fact, I need pretty explicit
instructions on how to correct this (unix illiterate).  Anyone capable of
helping me out??  Thank you.

In case this means anything, the cursors keys seem to be sending the
following (what appears on the screen at the csh prompt - not in sunview):
uparrow ^[[215z  leftarrow ^[[217z  rightarrow ^[[219z  downarrow ^[[221z