NFS mounted /usr/spool/mail under SunOS 4.1

Johan Van Mengsel vmj at bbl.be
Wed May 30 15:51:52 AEST 1990

In article <8198 at brazos.Rice.edu>, ramey at jello.csc.ti.com writes:
> I recently installed SunOS 4.1 on a Sun 4, and imported that system's
> /usr/spool/mail directory from a Sun 4 running 4.0.3.  I noticed a couple
> of things: it seems that sendmail notices that /usr/spool/mail is mounted
> on a NFS directory, and mostly ignores the sendmail.cf file if this is the
> case.  It seems to just blindly forward any outgoing mail to the NFS
> server.  Is this documented anywhere?  I read the release notes, and
> skimmed through the sendmail docs, but couldn't find any mention of this.

The reason why the sendmail blindly forward any outgoing mail to the NFS
server is probably caused by the remote option in the configuration file.
If you want to disable this option, look for the following lines in the
sendmail.cf

	# Remote mode - send through server if mailbox directory is mounted
	OR

and outcomment the second one.

Johan Van Mengsel.
vmj at bbl.be

Temporaly stationed at BBL. (tel. +32 2 7382255)

I.M.X. - The Open Systems Experts
Information Management Systems & Services 	TEL. +32 2 7254950
Imperiastraat 10				FAX. +32 2 7254605
1930 Zaventem
Belgium