SunLink SNA Problem

Kathryn Fielding zardoz!genisco!kat at uunet.uu.net
Wed May 30 10:20:36 AEST 1990

We have a software developer with the following problem that hopefully
someone out there can help with:

The problem is with the SunLink SNA 3270 software (v6.0 server, 6.1
client).  We have a download program which invokes the terminal emulator
as a child task, passing to it all the parameters required.
Stdin/stdout/stderr are reassigned to pipes. The terminal emulator appears
to be issuing a gtty command, printing an error message: "operation not
supported on a socket" and exits. We need to find a way to convince the
terminal emulator to simply accept the data without caring whether it
comes from a keyboard or a pipe. Has anyone else experienced this problem,
or can suggest a work-around?

We're running the software on a SS1 running 4.0.3c. The software works
correctly in the "normal" interactive mode.

Appreciating any pointers,

Kathryn Fielding            kat at genisco.UUCP
GTC                         {uunet!zardoz|elroy.jpl.nasa.gov}!genisco!kat