HELP!! Need to remove a hard link created by ln(1)

J N C jonc at amdahl.uts.amdahl.com
Fri May 25 11:11:18 AEST 1990

Help! a hard link was created by root, who used:

ln -f dir1 dir2

The "-f" creates a hard link as oppose to a soft (symbolic) link.  The
problem is I want to remove the link but "rm" won't do it.  It says
"directory not empty" even though it is (of course the original directory
isn't empty and I don't want to delete that directory)

The "unlink" command isn't on the system (what's the path to it anyway).
So is there an alternate way to remove this "hard" link?

[[Ed's Note: /usr/etc/unlink -bdg]]

Please respond suggestions ** ASAP ** by e-mail.

Thanks!!

jonc at amdahl.uts.amdahl.com