Mouse events in Text subwindows - help please

Orr Michael nsc!orr at decwrl.dec.com
Wed May 2 04:27:53 AEST 1990

How do I solicit/catch mouse events in a textSW under Sunview?  It should
be Easy & Trivial, but neither I nor the local Sun people were able to
find out how to do it.

Basically, what I need is a way to register an event procedure to be
called whenever the user clicks a mouse button in a text (sub)window.  All
this routine needs to do is calculate the file position and return.

If you have a solution (best would be a working example/fragment thereof),
or a good pointer (manual section #, Book etc.) I would be gratefull. If
at all possible - reply by email (Unless you think this is a new
question.) Thanks a lot !

orr at nsc.nsc.com      \ Those who resist      \ {decwrl,hplabs,sun}!nsc!orr
Michael Orr, POB 3007 \ Temptation, have only \ -----------------------------
Herzlia, Israel 46104  \  themselves to blame. \ Disclaimer: Opinions, come
Tel:+972-52-522225      \          -- L. Long   \ home, all is forgiven. Papa.