file server backups

don at doug.med.utah.edu don at doug.med.utah.edu
Fri May 4 00:10:30 AEST 1990

In your messages you asked how do we backup over 3 GB disks.

We have about 3.6 gig of online storage that is backed each day.  I use
two exabyte tapes with one drive.  The backup process takes approxemtly
two and half hours with the one tape change.  I suppose incremental
backups could be done to save time, but the hassle of finding the right
tape does not appear to justify the saved time.  The solution seems to
work here for us.

Don Baune                      Internet: don at doug.med.utah.edu
University of Utah
Medical Imaging Research Lab
AC-215  School  of  Medicine       talk:        (801) 581-6088
Salt Lake City, Utah   84132        FAX:        (801) 581-2414