HP LaserJet II with a Sun workstation

Muriel Prentice prentice at bbn.com
Wed May 30 07:35:36 AEST 1990

I'm trying to use an HP LaserJet II with a Sun workstation to output
PostScript files.  I've installed the Pacific Data PostScript cartridge
and have been able to print some files.

The problem is: after each file, I have to reset the printer.  Otherwise,
the next time I send a file to the printer the Form Feed light blinks and
nothing else happens.

The documentation suggests that the Sun is sending non-PostScript
characters to the printer while it is in PostScript mode and that this
confuses the cartridge.

Has anyone been able to solve this problem?

Muriel Prentice (prentice at bbn.com)