SUNVIEW windows die after less than 26 ^D commands. 4.0.3.

Omar A. Karim karim at uncecs.edu
Tue May 8 06:20:49 AEST 1990

My office SUN 4/110 was recently upgraded to 4.0.3, courtesy SUN.
However, when SunView starts up it does so with an

error: open: permission denied

but seems to work okay. The problem is that if about 26 Control-D
characters are typed in, this kills the window. Of course I don't spend
all my time typing in such things, the disturbing thing is that Control-D
is a 'vi' code for scrolling down and I have been trying to read a longish
document and of course the window dies every so often.

Any help will be deeply appreciated.
Thanks
Omar A. Karim
karim at oak.uncwil.edu   karim at ecsvax.bitnet