SCSI disks/tape for Sparcstations ?

Gil Tene devil at TECHUNIX.BITNET
Wed May 30 00:19:48 AEST 1990

I am thinking of putting together a system based on a SS-SLC and 660 MB
disk, plus 150MB cartridge tape.  I uderstand that the SLC list is around
$5K.

I am interested in knowing what disks are available out there, which are
supported and tested (on Sparcstation 1s), and what their price,
performance, etc. details are. I am interested in the same info about 1/4"
tapes, and I want them to be compatible with sun's...

People who have bought disks/tapes from dealers at good prices, and are
stisfied, please include the details... Dealers: please do not respond...

Any help and information would be appreciated,

I will summerize Responses, to make sort of a "disk buyer's guide"...

AdvThanks,

Gil.
devil at techunix.technion.ac.il           "Some days it just doesn't pay
                                          to go to sleep in the morning..."