Scanner info summary, Microtek

David Fox fox at whitted.tempo.nj.att.com
Wed May 9 01:56:20 AEST 1990

I recall a request for info on scanners for Sun-3s and Sun-4s.  If someone
has the results of that, I'd greatly appreciate seeing them.

Also, if anyone has specific knowledge and/or experience of putting a
Microtek scanner with a Microtek SCSI adapter onto a Sun-4, or even a
Sun-3, I'd appreciate hearing about it.  I have had very bad luck with
using Microtek's drivers on a sun 3/60.  We are now talking to Perfect
Byte Inc., who also sells such drivers.

(I saw the serial port software posted to comp.sources.something, but I
haven't built a cable to use it.  It seems the RS-232 connector on the
scanner is wired funny.)

David Fox
fox at allegra.att.com