SLC Software availability

Ata Bhatti bhatti at chitra.ces.cwru.edu
Wed May 30 05:12:58 AEST 1990

I'm new to the Sun community and am currently not too sure if this has not
already been asked on this newsgroup.

Currently I'm in the process of determining whether to purchase a Sun 4/20
instead of a 386 box (since I'm a university customer I can get the SLC
quite a bit cheaper!). Unfortunately one of the biggest stumbling blocks
that I see in my arguments is that I cannot mention the names of any
desktop software for the 4/20. I am SURE that it exists and that the
quality is great but I don't really know many specifics. Does anyone out
there have a list of typical desktop applications (document-preparation
tools, graphics tools, etc.) both PD and commercial? I would particularly
like to know about Framemaker and whether people have found it
particularly useful or productive.

Furthermore what does SUN provide together with the 4/20.

Please mail me all responses. If there is sufficient interest I'll post to
the net.

bhatti at ida.ces.cwru.edu
bhatti at solarium.scl.cwru.edu