SIMMS FOR SUN4/110

Pasi Koikkalainen pako at neuronstar.it.lut.fi
Mon May 7 21:45:05 AEST 1990

SIMMS for Sun4/110

Have anyone upgraded memory for Sun 4/110 ?  Our factory configuration was
8Mb with 256 Kb SIMMS and we wanted to upgrade it to 20 Mb using 1Mb
SIMMS.  We used same type of 1 Mb SIMM:s that we have been using for Sun
3/60 but it seems that the ones for Sun 4/110 are something else.

Can anyone inform us what type of SIMMs are correct? The printing on Sun
4/110 SIMMs was NMBS MM2800J95-08 and the chips were AAA2800J-08 NMBJ8804
and I was not able to find them in any of my data books (that are 2-3
years old).

Buying SIMMS from Sun would we waste of money: they are 3-6 times more
expensive.

Impatiently waiting for your advices,

Pasi Koikkalainen

Lappeeranta Univ. of. Tech.