Problems with Exabyte under SunOS4.1 (PA

Geoffrey H. Cooper geof at aurora.com
Wed Sep 19 09:48:50 AEST 1990

Well, thanks to everyone at SUN who helped with this one.  It took a long
time, but we're now running patched.

Here is the original problem:

> We just upgraded to SunOS4.1 from 4.0.3c (SS1's).  We were running
the SUN
> Consulting driver for our Exabyte, which is not needed under 4.1.
>
> However, under SunOS4.1, the command
>
>       mt -f /dev/nrst1 eom
>
> fails.  Often dumps core.  I have also seen a core dump from
>
>       mt -f /dev/nrst1 fsf 1
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there anything we can do?  It is
> screwing our backup procedures up the wall.

I now have a patch, which I will post to comp.sources.sun, moderator
willing.  Also,

 >      Customers can refer to bug #1038111.

hopefully the patch will become associated with this.

geof at aurora.com / aurora!geof at decwrl.dec.com / geof%aurora.com at decwrl.dec.com