How to disable TCP/IP on the Sun?

Roy Smith roy at alanine.phri.nyu.edu
Fri Sep 21 09:56:17 AEST 1990

> Are there any other ways to stop the Sun from sending IP packets?

I've never tried it, but you might try to build a kernel without the
"options INET" line in the config file.  That should drop out all of the
Internet networking code.  I suspect, however, that so much stuff would
break without the Internet IPC code that the system would be unusable.

455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
roy at alanine.phri.nyu.edu -OR- {att,cmcl2,rutgers,hombre}!phri!roy
"Arcane?  Did you say arcane?  It wouldn't be Unix if it wasn't arcane!"