Wyse 50 as a console

Pinhead@Spikes andy at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
Thu Sep 13 03:59:18 AEST 1990

Okay...  Here's the situation.  We are trying to put some 3/50's into the
machine room as strictly remote login boxes.  Since no one will do console
logins (except in emergency), there is no need for monitors.  So we're
trying to use Wyse 50 terminals as the console.

After playing with the EEPROM settings, I've finally got the 3/50 looking
at RS232 Port A for a console.  After a few seconds the screen blinks.  I
have a "Heartbeat" on the diag LED.

Any clues/thoughts/suggestions/ideas/hammers?
                       _
Andy Pippin
andy at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU