Drive not recognised by diag

evan at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au evan at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au
Thu Sep 13 03:58:52 AEST 1990

We are attempting to install a new Micropolis 1588-15 SCSI drive with a
Sun 3/60 running SunOS 3.5 via an Emulex MD21 controller.  The controller
already has a SCSI disk and tape drive attached.

The new drive is set to be SCSI unit 1, the Emulex unaltered, however diag
cannot find the new drive, instead producing:

ncycl 1614 acyl 2 nhead 15 nsect 54 interleave 1
reset the SCSI bus...
Test unit ready failed, cyl=0, head=0, sector=0 scb: 2 check
sense bytes: 70 0 2 0 0 0 0 A 0 0 0 0 FF
sense class 7
	sense key 2 Not Ready.
	block no. 0

It still works fine for unit 0, and the drive is ok.

Have we missed something obvious?  Thanks in advance for any information.