Canonical Processing in an Xview TTY subwindow

km at mathcs.emory.edu km at mathcs.emory.edu
Mon Sep 10 23:26:52 AEST 1990

Is there any way to change the keyboard mapping that the Xview TTY
Subwindow package uses when it is doing its own cannonical processing
(erase, kill, intr, eol, ...). It looks to me like its hardwired.

The package is obviously monitoring the state of the underlying pty, and
switches in and out of cannonical mode with the pty.  I would advocate
that it learn the mapping from the pty, but would settle for at least
being able to set it myself by some resources.

This issue really makes it hard to use cmdtool if you either don't want
the Sun defaults (^?, ^U, ^C, ..) or are running a smart shell like ksh
which manipulates eol2.

Ken Mandelberg      | km at mathcs.emory.edu          PREFERRED
Emory University    | {rutgers,gatech}!emory!km    UUCP
Dept of Math and CS | km at emory.bitnet              NON-DOMAIN BITNET
Atlanta, GA 30322   | Phone: (404) 727-7963