Anyone ported a newsreader to MS-DOS using the PC-NFS Programmer's TK?

Don Libes libes at cme.nist.gov
Wed Sep 19 10:14:07 AEST 1990

Has anyone ported any of the public-domain newsreaders (such as rrn) to an
MS-DOS machine using Sun's PC-NFS Programmer's Toolkit?

The toolkit looks pretty reasonable, though I've never used it.  I'll
probably have to do something about curses - a co-worker has already
suggested the MKS implementation (which we have).  Sound reasonable?

I know that Univ. of Maryland has a whole suite of PC programs that
includes newsreaders, but from what I've read, it lacks the ability to
spool to remote printers, which PC-NFS does do.  That's why we're planning
on sticking with PC-NFS.

Don Libes          libes at cme.nist.gov      ...!uunet!cme-durer!libes