Problems with cxref in 4.0.3...any fixes?

Jeremy Epstein trwacs!epstein at uunet.uu.net
Wed Sep 19 10:14:25 AEST 1990

I'm trying to run cxref on the X server, and I've found three bugs.  Can
anyone tell me if there are fixes available?  I'm on a Sun 3/160 with
SunOS 4.0.3.

Bug #1: The #undef directive causes an error.  To replicate, create
	a file foo.c with the line "#undef foo".  Cxref will generate
	the message "SWITCH ERROR IN TMPSCAN: inafunc = no".

Bug #2: If a variable name is too long, cxref won't wrap lines even
	when given the "-w 80" option.  Put the program (below) in
	file foo.c and give the command "cxref -w 80 foo.c".  The
	output should NOT have lines longer than 80 characters, but
	it will if the bug is present.  Look at the references to
	"abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz".

Bug #3: Take the same program (below) and put it somewhere with a long
	path name (say /usr/spool/uucppublic).  Then run cxref using
	the full path name (i.e., "cxref -w 80 /usr/spool/uucppublic/foo.c").
	The references for "a" should not wrap, but they will if the
	bug is present.

If someone can tell me how to submit this to Sun, I will (I don't have
support, if that matters).

Thanks for your help!
--Jeremy

***START OF TEST PROGRAM***
main()
{
        int a, abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz;

        abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz = 1;
        abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz = 2;
        abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz = 3;
        abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz = 4;
        abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz = 5;
        abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz = 6;
        abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz = 7;
        abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz = 8;
        abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz = 9;

        a = 1;
	a = 2;
        a = 3;
        a = 4;
        a = 5;
        a = 6;
        a = 7;
        a = 8;
        a = 9;
        a = 10;
}
***END OF TEST PROGRAM***
--
Jeremy Epstein			UUCP: uunet!trwacs!epstein
Trusted X Research Group	Internet: epstein at trwacs.fp.trw.com
TRW Systems Division		Voice: +1 703/876-8776
Fairfax Virginia