Sunview and F1 caps lock

Keith Brinck keith at bain3.oz.au
Mon Sep 17 02:21:56 AEST 1990

The relevant Sunview manual advertises as a feature the fact that you can
control caps lock on a window by window basis using the F1 key, rather
than using the keyboard Caps Lock key which would affect all windows.
Unfortunately, we have a large number of applications originally developed
on a Pyramid using Curses and which we have ported with no trouble to our
Suns.  However, they all have other uses for F1, which is unfortunate
because so far I have not been able to over-ride Sunview's commandeering
of the F1 key for its individual window caps lock scheme.

At present we're running SunOS 4.0.3 on Sparc 1's, but I will be
installing 4.1 in the near future.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions ...

Keith Brinck					e-mail: keith at bain3.oz.au
Bain Capital Markets Ltd