Sun dbx++ syntax error

George Wu tcs!gwu at uunet.uu.net
Wed Sep 19 09:50:22 AEST 1990

It seems the Sun C++ extended dbx (dbx++, as I've taken to calling it),
likes to complain about a syntax error when I try to print out local
variables.  The necessary conditions for this phony error message are
still non-deterministic to me, but fiddling with the source code and
re-compiling sometimes helps.  Right now, my workaround is use the dump
command to get all local variables.  This is rather slow.

Does anyone know the cause of this?  Or does anyone have a workaround, or
better yet, is there a fix?  Yeah, I'll call the technical support people
if no one out in netland knows the answer offhand.

Oh yeah, the various configuration parameters are Sun SPARCstation, SunOS
4.0.3, and Sun C++ 2.0.  Thanks much in advance.

							George

PS: Please email responses you post only to comp.sys.sun.  I don't
normally read it.  Thanks again.

George J Wu                           | gwu at tcs.com or ucbcad!tcs!gwu
Software Engineer                     | 2121 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA, 94704
Teknekron Communications Systems, Inc.| (415) 649-3752