Sunview cursor.

Ernest D. Brouwer ernie at uncle.calvin.edu
Fri Sep 21 01:25:27 AEST 1990

Is there anyway to manipulate the sunview root cursor?  I have this really
neat raster file of the moon and would like to use it as my background.
The problem (on my 8M b/w 4/60) is that when I make it my background, I
lose my cursor in the dark parts (of deep space) of the rasterfile.  It
easy enough to pop up a menu to see where I am but it would be better if
the cursor was XORing its image instead of ORing it with the background --
i.e. Like the window header cursor (circle with a dot in it) does.  It
seems to me that it should be possible -- the cursor demo program does it
very well.  Now that we're on the subject...is there any way to change
your actual cursor to some other picture (like a hand or whatever)?  That
would be nice too.

As usual, many thanks in advance

  Ernest D. Brouwer
  Unix System Administrator
  Calvin College                    [place disclaimer here]