cleaning Exabyte drive heads?

Rich Baughman cfisun!!rich at harvard.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 13 04:02:21 AEST 1990

We have recently acquired two Exabyte 8mm drives for backups.  They are
working great with no problems so far.  I have been reading that it's a
good idea to clean them after every ~30 hours of use.  I got the cleaning
tapes, but I'm not sure how to use them!  Do I just load them once, then
unload them (will that 'rub' the heads enough to clean them)?  Do I tar
some big file to them, or start a dump?  Am I missing something obvious?

--
Rich Baughman		  rich at cfi.com OR ima!cfisun!rich
Price Waterhouse          Waltham, MA  617-899-6500