Monochrome monitors (sun3 and sun2)

William E. Anderson anderson at cme.nist.gov
Sat Sep 1 11:41:05 AEST 1990

Our Sun3/50 monochrome monitor recently failed.  Replacing the flyback
transformer and some resoldering fixed things for a couple of weeks.  The
latest failure prompts the following two questions:

1. Is it possible for a Sun2 monochrome monitor to work on a 3/50?  The
connectors are identical but the number of "used" pins differs.

2. Can anyone recommend a good place to get our monitor repaired?

NAME:   William E. Anderson            TELE: (301) 975-2423
USMAIL: NIST (formerly NBS)            INTERNET: anderson at ceee.nist.gov
        Rm. B-344, Bldg. 220           UUCP: uunet!cme-durer!anderson
        Gaithersburg, MD  20899