ttya-rts-dtr-off setting for T2500 ?

Gil Tene devil at diablery.10a.com
Thu Apr 18 07:14:13 AEST 1991

Hello SunFolk,

To ttya-rts-dtr-off or not to ttya-rts-dtr-off,
	that is the question...

I've got a Telebit T2500 hooked up to a Sparc SLC, doing 19.2Kb and
running UUCP just fine. I also use the modem for dial out/in connections
to "normal" 2400 MNP modems.

When I do file uploading (TO the other side) using streaming protocols
(Zmodem, etc.) I experience data overruns. The SLC pumps data at the modem
at 19.2Kb, and even though the CTS light on the modem goes out, the data
just keeps flowing in (the SD light stays on for a while).

I have found contradicting info on what the correct settings for the
ttya-rts-dtr-off should be for SunOS 4.1 when connecting to a modem. Does
anyone out there know exactly what this setting does? Do you know how I
can set my SLC to take notice of the modem's CTS? Are there other eeprom
setting I am missing?

AdvThanks,

-- Gil Tene			"Some days it just dosn't pay      -
-- devil%imp at uunet.uu.net	   to go to sleep in the morning." -
-- devil at diablery.10A.com 					   -