LAN FAX question

Gordon ROULEAU gordon at cs.mcgill.ca
Sat Apr 27 10:00:00 AEST 1991

Like many university campuses, we find ourselves in the situation where we
want to integrate FAX sending with our existing SMTP infrastructure, ie.
use mail addresses of the form <phone-number>@fax.<domain> and mail text
files to the fax gateway.  This scheme allows us to either send mail
directly to the fax gateway or via a list server, just like any regular
mail.  The real problem is finding a supported commercial FAX package that
can receive SMTP mail and deal with phone numbers embedded in addresses.
If anyone knows about such a product please let me know at the address
given below...

-- Gordon Rouleau <gordon at cc0.lan.mcgill.ca>